Sunday, January 30, 2011

Catch up post

I know I am so bad with staying up on my blog posts. And I'm sure I won't get better any time soon, with the baby coming so soon. But I figured I should give some quick highlights of the last few months. Enjoy!

Birthdays!!! The fall is a busy birthday time in our family. Both Josh and Jud have their birthday's the last week of October and mine is in November. Combine that with all the holidays and life gets pretty crazy.

Jud with the three boys on his birthday.
Josh is now 6 years old! He sure is growing up fast and is already starting to eat us out of house and home! (don't make fun of the cake decorating... Josh requested a Masiakasaurus cake and this is as good as I could do. He was satisfied, so that's all that matters!)The boys always do a great job at making my birthday special.
Holidays!!! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas this year! For Thanksgiving we just stayed home and had a quiet Thanksgiving with just our little family. It was the first time we have ever done that and it was sooo nice! We all really enjoyed just relaxing and being together. It truly was a vacation! And speaking of vacations... for Christmas we drove to Minnesota to spend two weeks with my parents. It was exhausting and very cold, but so much fun! The boys absolutely loved every minute. They loved playing in the snow, loved being with their cousins, and just simply loved everything about Minnesota. They still keep asking if we can move our house up there. :) We are so glad we got to spend so much time with family and will truly treasure those memories. Here is Josh in the snow, William helping Grandpa shovel, and Owen playing outside with Grandma.
And about that baby that's coming... it's going to be another boy! We are so excited to have four little boys! I love my boys so much and am excited to have another little one. We've been busy rearranging the boys' bedrooms, to make room for the new baby. I can't believe that in just a few more weeks he'll be making his grand entrance.

Life is busy and time seems to keep going faster and faster. Despite the inevitable frustrating moments that occur with three busy boys, life is so good! If I don't post again before the baby comes, I will for sure post when that takes place! :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

YEAH!! Congratulations Vanessa!! You are my FOURTH friend who is having 4 boys in a row- I love it! Brandon says we can't have any more kids because we know it will be yet another boy ;) We need to come visit you guys soon now that we are in Texas- maybe next time we go down to the temple we can see you. Do you live close? Your cake is AWESOME!! I can't believe how grown up your boys are!

Michelle said...

Wow, I can't believe you're going to have FIVE boys! (The hubs most DEF counts).

Congrats a million. PS. Can I be as skinny as you, please? :)