Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Will's 1st Toilet Success

Now, I am in no way about to try to potty train William yet. But he seems to think that he is a "big boy" just like Josh. The past few night at bath time, as soon as we would take his diaper off to put him in the tub, he would stand there and pee on the floor mat. After doing it a few nights in a row, we started to wonder if he thought that's what you do before getting in the tub since he sees Josh do that. So last night I took his diaper off and asked if he wanted to sit on the toilet. He said yes, so I sat him on the toilet. He thought he was so cool! He just sat there and kept pointing down saying "poo poos! poo poos!" Well, he didn't do anything so we just put him in the tub and that was that. Then this afternoon, he told me that he had to go #2. He usually tells us, runs around straining, and then goes. So when he told me, I asked him again if he wanted to sit on the toilet and he said yes. So we went in the bathroom, took his diaper off and I put him on the toilet. After a minute, the urges kept coming and he grabbed onto me. A second later I looked in the toilet and sure enough, he had gone!!!! He went poop in the toilet!!! He was so proud of himself. Josh came in and was super excited as well. Will loved getting to flush the toilet and watch his poop go away. I can not believe he did that! So anyway, that is our big story for the day. Tonight I asked him if he wanted to sit on the toilet again and he didn't want to, but that's just fine. Like I said, I'm not ready to go through the whole potty training thing again right now, but it was definitely an exciting achievement!

7 comments:

Our Little Family said...

That is so amazing! Good luck with whatever comes next! It totally sounds like he wants to potty trian himself! HOW NICE would that be!

I have to admit I am a tad jealous, I would love to get Coop out of diapers!! :)

Melanie said...

Wow! Maybe he'll be easy! If you trained him early, think how much $ you would save in diapers! (That's what I tell myself every time I clean out dirty undies... "Think how much money you're saving in diapers...") That is quite an achievement! I can picture Josh getting excited about it.

Mel

Michelle said...

That is gross and cute at the same time :-)

Glad I ran across your blog! The boys are REALLY cute!!

Kurt & Jen said...

That's awesome! Smart boy! Your boys are so cute. Its been fun to read about what you've been up to! We were living in Texas a little while ago... I LOVED it there. Are you guys there for work?

Andrew, Kristin and Kaitlyn said...

Vanessa, that story was hilarious!! Andrew and I were laughing our heads off! We like the bird story too. Those boys are so funny. Tell them we say hi!

Jelllo said...

Haha, that was great! One of these days Nathan and I are going to have to pay you and your fam a visit so I can see your boys!

Heather said...

Hi Cousin Vanessa! This is Cousin Clint! We found your blog through Cousin Michelle. We want to invite you to see our blog. If you so desire, email us at clint.allred@aggiemail.usu.edu and we will add you! See ya!