Friday, February 6, 2009

"Let's clean this dirty thing!"

Josh is my super-duper cleaning helper. He loves to help me clean things. Though he doesn't like to necessarily pick up his toys, he loves to help with the household cleaning. And honestly he is pretty good at it, too!
His favorite things are the laundry (sorting it and putting it in the washer), the dishes (he loves to rinse the dishes in the sink and put them in the dishwasher. He also now is really good at clearing his plate, putting leftover scaps in the garbage, and putting them in the sink) and cleaning the bathroom.

Yesterday, while Will was napping Josh had asked to play on the computer, something he often does during Will's nap. After a few minutes I said that I was going to clean my bathroom. He hopped off the computer and excitedly said, "I can help!" He walked into the bathroom, stood by the toilet and said, "Let's clean this dirty thing!" I thought that was so funny! I wish I had his enthusiasm for cleaning! So together we cleaned my bathroom.

I absolutely love my little cleaning helper. He is so good to help remind me when things need to be cleaned... today he's been saying that we need to clean the other bathroom... we'll see about that. :) Joshua is such a sweet boy!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

what a cutie! I need my house clean too, come on over!

Melissa said...

WOW what a great helper! Can he teach my Josh to be like that! Way to go Josh- keep up the good work!