Sunday, February 22, 2009

Visit with Grandma and Grandpa Barrett

Last weekend my parents flew down from Minnesota to come visit us! It was so much fun to have them come and just get to be together. The boys absolutely loved getting extra attention and spoiling from their grandparents! :) Our time together went by way too fast and we can't wait to see them again in May at my sister Kaylene's wedding. Here are some pictures highlighting their visit.- Pandie!!! My parents brought an extra suitcase with them in which they stuffed my giant stuffed panda bear that I got when I was 10 years old. I loved Pandie so much growing up, so it's fun to get to see my boys enjoy it as well. -Since last Saturday was Valentine's day, the boys got to make Valentine cookies with Grandma... what a treat!-The cookies they made are called "Cookie Monster Painted Cookies," basically a sugar cookie that you "paint" with evaporated milk with food coloring in it. The boys loved it!!!

-Monday was President's Day, which was a Free Day at the Houston Zoo, so we all drove down for an outing. The boys absolutely love the zoo and my parents enjoyed getting to spend a nice day outside (the weather was very comfortable) before heading back to freezing Minnesota!
It was so fun to spend a few days with Grandma and Grandpa! Come back anytime!

6 comments:

Erika said...

Looks like you had lots of fun. Your boys are getting so big! And how exciting that Kaylene is getting married. My little brother, Matt, is actually getting married in May also. So I'll get to go home soon...hooray!

Michelle said...

I can't believe they fit that panda in a suitcase, it's huge!

When/where is Kaylene getting married? I'll be in UT for Christina's wedding May 1-5.

Christina G. said...

I was just about to say that they had to have had a huge suitcase... and still I can't believe they fit it!

Foster said...

Looks like you guys are loving it in Texas! Your kids look so old, and I am so jealous that you will be in a nice new house (know anybody in Stillwater that wants to buy one?).

Natalie said...

Pandie! Wow, I have so many memories of playing with it or sitting with it on your bed listening to cds. And what a fun visit from your parents! Be sure to keep us updated on the house :)

Jelllo said...

How fun!!! I laughed out loud when I saw Pandie! Good times! I half expected to see the BYU blanket in the pic, too! Congrats on building a new house! How fun!!