Yesterday was a good day for me. It started Thursday night with Jud coming home. For those of you don't know, Jud's been traveling for the past few months doing some training at another plant and is gone Monday thru Thursday. Suffice it to say, I don't like having my husband gone all the time. This past week was his last week of traveling until January. Yay! So now he gets to be home for the next two months. So that, of course, made me happy.
Yesterday was also Jud's Friday off. (He works a 9/80 schedule, where he works longer days but then gets every other Friday off.) So yesterday morning Jud stayed home and let me go to the temple. It had been quite a while since I have made it to the temple (we had planned on going in Sept and were going to have Grandma and Grandpa babysit, but that got cancelled because of Hurricane Ike... in fact the entire month of Sept pretty much got cancelled, but that's another story). So, ANYWAY, I got to go to the temple. It was so nice! It felt so good to be able to just relax and enjoy being there. The Houston temple is absolutely gorgeous.
I came home and had lunch with the boys and then hung out during nap time. After naps we all went as a family to the mall. We got to pick up Josh's 4 yr pictures from the JCPenney portrait studio and then walk around some stores. It was just nice to be together.
Last night we had a RS Enrichment activity. I love getting to go to RS activities and just be with friends. We had a yummy dinner, a VT conference, and a fun craft. It was fun just to be with other girls.
So that was my day... nothing special, but just what I needed. It felt so good just to spend some time being me and be able to emotionally refill myself. Feeling like a single parent, without a husband around, is just emotionally draining. I am so grateful for a husband who works so hard for our family and is willing to let me have some time when I really need it!!!
Element Symbols Astrology
2 years ago

1 comment:
I am so glad you got some time! I cant imagine what it must feel like to be a temporary "single mom"! But I am sure if anyone can do it with patience and kindness its YOU!
Post a Comment