Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

Yesterday was my 26th birthday, and according to Josh, "that is really old!" :) I had a really great day! I loved that my birthday was on a Saturday, cuz that meant that Jud was home and we were able to spend the whole day together as a family. That is definitely a present in and of itself!

The fun thing that we did to celebrate was to go see an morning showing of the new Disney movie Bolt that just came out. It is a really good movie. Josh loved it and we all thought it was funny. While we were there at the mall we stopped by a jewelry store. We had received in the mail a coupon for a free pair of pearl earring, no purchase necessary! Definitely something to take advantage of! So I also got a new pair of pearl earrings! Yay!

Later that afternoon, after Will's nap, we opened presents. The boys all gave me a new bag, which I love! They also gave me some flowers and chocolates. :) Here are some pictures of the presents:





Then of course, after dinner we had cake. Josh helped Jud make the cake that afternoon. It was so yummy!


It was a very good day! I am so glad that I got to spend it with my family. It will interesting to see what the next year brings!

5 comments:

Janus said...

Vanessa,
I don't know if you remember me, 'cause we moved out to Minnesota when you were off at BYU. I'm Janus, your cousin Grant's wife. I just stumbled onto your blog while i was reading what Jelaire was up to. I hope you don't mind that I'm reading what your cute family is up to. Oh, and BTW 'JAG' means..Janus Alexis Grant. So...feel free to check out our blog...it's www.threewheelers.blogspot.com. I would love it if you came and visited it AND left some comments. I know I'm weird but I absolutley LOVE to read other people's comments. Also..I'm glad you had a happy birthday. Your 2 boys are so cute. Anyway, I'll quit rambling.

Janus and Grant Wheeler

Erika said...

Sounds like you had a fun day. Yay for earrings, purses, chocolate & flowers...how fun! Happy Birthday!

Our Little Family said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a great day! Congrats on the new purse, and the flowers! What cute boys to go all out for their mom!

You look really cute by the way! Still a hottie at 26! :)

Foster said...

(Brad here)

Tell Jud that I miss seeing him on Cougarboard--I know he has a REAL life and all, but we never get to chat football anymore.

Anyway, happy B-day!

Related note: Wow... Will sure has gotten big--he looks totally different!

Melissa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! It sure looks like you had a fun one- free earings, flowers, and a cake made by Josh?? You can't beat that!