I love listening to Josh say his prayers. Some are kinda funny, but others are so sweet and sincere. As part of Family Night tonight, after our lesson, we went to Culver's for some ice cream. As I was buckling Josh in his car seat, he told me that he wanted to say a prayer in the car after I got in my seat. He also informed Jud of this. So, once all of us were in the car Josh said a prayer. It was simply, "Dear Heavenly Father, bless us to be good. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." He said it so sincerely. Well, right after he said his prayer we heard Will say, "A da ba da ba (or similar one-year old babbling) , Amen (he knows that word)" with the same vocal intonation as Josh had just done. He said a prayer, too! I was so proud of both of my boys for simply feeling the desire to pray and then doing so. The Spirit was so strong in that car and we all felt so happy. I know that Heavenly Father definitely heard those prayers and loved them. What a wonderful way to start our little outing for ice cream!
3 comments:
That's so sweet. I love hearing little kids' prayers.
Wow that is so neat!
Spencer has just recently started to protest prayer time!! I don't know why? He runs around, plays with toys! We cant get him to sit still! Its so weird because a month ago he was doing such a good job! What is your technique? We need a little help!
That's so cute! Their parents must be great examples! :)
Post a Comment