Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Celebrations

We have had a wonderful Christmas here at our house. This was the first year ever that we have just been at our own house with Christmas morning just being our little family. It felt really nice (though we always love being with family, too). We did get to enjoy spending time with Jud's parents and also with Nick and Melanie and Annalise and Ben. It was really fun to see them again since we just saw them at Thanksgiving.

The one hard thing this past week is that most of us haven't been feeling very well. Both of the boys had colds and coughs for quite a while. I had thought they were getting better, but Josh all of a sudden got worse, so I took him in to the doctor on Christmas Eve. He had a really bad double ear infection. He's been on antibiotics and is doing better now. Right after Christmas Will started running low grade fevers as well. A little motrin seemed to do the trick and the fever would go away and he'd act just fine, but the fever would come back the next day. I think he's over that as well, but no fun. And then Jud hurt his back and has been in a lot of pain, so he hasn't been able to do much. So.... we all still had a fun Christmas even though we weren't 100%.

Here are some pictures of the past week:
We had a really nice Christmas Eve dinner at Jud's parents house. It was super yummy and fun to be together!
The boys got to open their presents from Mom and Dad that evening (they got clothes) and a family game. They got the game "Let's go fishin'" and they love it!
Josh got really into the idea of leaving cookies for Santa. He thought it was so cool that we could share our cookies and that Santa would get to have a snack while he was bringing us our presents. What a cute boy!
Christmas morning! Since Josh wasn't feeling good, he said he just wanted to rest on the couch. So here he is resting and looking at his goodies. His big present was a kid digital camera. He also got a movie, books, Diego animals, a puzzle, and other little goodies.
And here's William. He is checking out a tool bench that he got. He also got books, a puzzle, Diego animals, a toy cement truck and other goodies.
Grandma and Grandpa Wooters came over that morning while we opened present that were under the tree. Here are the boys opening up their presents from them (both got more clothes and cars).
Here the boys are opening up their present from Grandma and Grandpa Barrett. They got a Radio Flyer wagon.

Later that day, Nick and gang came over and we got to try out the wagon. So here they are with Uncle Nick pulling them and cousin Annalise.

We've had a good Christmas season. I absolutely love this time of year. I love the spirit it brings. I'm glad we got to spend it with some family, as well. I can't believe this year is almost over. I'm excited, though, for all that 2009 will bring!

1 comment:

Our Little Family said...

Bummer you guys werent feeling good! We have all been a little stuffy too! But it looks like you guys had a great time! I LOVE the picture of Josh with the Santa cookies! That smile is PRICELESS!