Saturday, December 6, 2008

Nativity Event

This weekend, our Stake held it's annual Nativity event. It is an event held for the community where they have hundreds of nativities on display from all over the world, musical performances, children's activities and such going on. A ton of work went into it and it turned out wonderful. Jud and I were able to help be greeters for a few hours this afternoon. It was a good experience to be able to help share this wonderful time of year with people. It also was nice to get to spend a few hours with my husband. :) Jud's dad watched the boys for us and then brought them over so that they could walk around and look at everything. They even had a room where you could dress up and have your picture taken in a stable. Pretty cool.
I was grateful for the opportunity to take a few hours today and focus on our Savior's birth and not get caught up in shopping and Santa like it's so easy to do. It was a wonderful event and I hope that it touched at least some of the people who visited.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Vanessa!! Thanks for finding us again- I'm not going to say that I forgot about your blog, life has just been crazy here. I love that you guys did a nativity activity an that you got to be Mary and Joseph--is that right? Cute shepherds! Our ward is doing it next weekend and we are excited about it. Your's looks fantastic!

Christina G. said...

What a great way to get into the Christmas Spirit!

Our Little Family said...

That looks like a lot of fun! And what a good date idea! I am glad you and Jud got to hang out! Is he back home all week long or is he still working out of town for part of the week?

Oh and you guys make a dang cute nativity! Did Jud offer to pose or did that take a little convincing?